For our international customer in Stockholm/Sweden,
we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer
to be a part of the platform team!
About the company
Our customer is a leading search technology company that is transforming your phonebook to make it more intelligent and useful. They create a unique app for over 200 million users, and handle a database with over 2.2 billion phone numbers. Each second they handle over 12,000 user requests and support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and BlackBerry. The users have rewarded our customer’s hard work with 4.5+ stars in both Google Play and in App Store.
Our client is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world, and last year they received over $80 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, they are 85 employees in an agile organization where they focus more on the product and users than on processes and policies. Every team member voices their opinion, and ideas and are part of building and shaping company’s vision and culture.
The work location of this position is Stockholm. Besides Sweden, our client has offices in San Fransisco, Sao Paulo, India and Dubai.
You will as a Site Reliability Engineer be part of our infrastructure team. The responsibilities of the role include building our tools to ease the provisioning and scaling of our platform infrastructure. You will also continuously improve and extend infrastructure components to handle growth. You will define and monitor performance metrics, involve in product cycles in order to protect and improve overall system stability and investigate failures and take part actively in future improvements discussion. You will collaborate across the organizations development teams to ensure that platform components have an “ops-friendly” design.
As far as your technical skills, we’d love to hear about experience like:
- 5+ years of working experience in linux systems administration and/or systems development
- Hands-on experience with scalable and highly available data stores like Cassandra and supporting infrastructure software stack components like Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Strong fundamental knowledge about data structures and algorithms
- Experience with JVM based systems: general understanding of how garbage collectors work, JVM profiling, process isolation etc
- Strong knowledge in system theory, decoupling components and change management
- Experience in large scale monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Graphite, Statsd, etc.
- Understanding of information technology and information security
- Experience troubleshooting production applications
- Fluent with Configuration Management Tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
Its also good if you have:
- Scala/Java programming ExperienceExperience
- Hands-on experience with MySql/MariaDB
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and containerization
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Fluent English skills, oral and written
- This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
- We only accept applications in English.