For our international customer in Stockholm/Sweden,
we are looking for a Senior Software Developer – Backend
to be one of the key members in the SW Development team!
As a Senior Software Developer you will be responsible for our customer’s backend application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle.
Your challenge will be to build a scalable and reliable system, while facing growing global traffic. This will include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for large systems. You will also be coding new features and have an important role in the backend architecture; both in microservices and investigating new alternatives and technologies together with the platform team.
- Extensive experience on the JVM
- Java 8
- Scala, Lightbend stack.
- DDD (Domain-driven design)
- Experience of microservice architecture
- Good English skills, oral and written
It is a bonus if you also have experience of:
- Designing libraries and APIs
- Reactive systems (akka, rxjava or similar)
- Apache Kafka
- Reporting, generating analytics and statiscs (e.g Graphite/Grafana)
- Cloud computing integration (e.g. AWS)
About the company:
Our customer is a leading search technology company that is transforming your phonebook to make it more intelligent and useful. They create a unique app for over 200 million users, and handle a database with over 2 billion phone numbers. Each second they handle over 12,000 user requests and support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and BlackBerry. The users have rewarded our customer’s hard work with 4+ stars in both Google Play and in App Store.
Our client is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world, and last year they received over $80 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, they are 85 employees in an agile organization where they focus more on the product and users than on processes and policies. Every team member voices their opinion, and ideas and are part of building and shaping company’s vision and culture.
The work location of this position is Stockholm. Besides Sweden, our client has offices in San Fransisco, Sao Paulo, India and Dubai.
- Living in one of the cleanest and the most civilized capitals in the world
- Working in an international team made up of people of 28 different nationalities
- Attractive pension and insurance package
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Are you a Mac or a PC person? Android or iPhone? You choose your tech gear.
- Gym subscription at top gym
- Coffee, snacks and fruits
- Attractive relocation package
- Swedish lectures in the office
- Geek lunches to share knowledge
- Just “because” parties and other office parties
- Office in the very city centre of Stockholm
- Lab days – when an entire team put the regular priorities tasks aside and work on other stuff