For our international customer in Stockholm/Sweden,
we are looking for a Senior Android Developer
to be a part of the platform team!
About the company
Our customer is a leading search technology company that is transforming your phonebook to make it more intelligent and useful. They create a unique app for over 200 million users, and handle a database with over 2.2 billion phone numbers. Each second they handle over 12,000 user requests and support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and BlackBerry. The users have rewarded our customer’s hard work with 4.5+ stars in both Google Play and in App Store.
Our client is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world, and last year they received over $80 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, they are 85 employees in an agile organization where they focus more on the product and users than on processes and policies. Every team member voices their opinion, and ideas and are part of building and shaping company’s vision and culture.
The work location of this position is Stockholm. Besides Sweden, our client has offices in San Fransisco, Sao Paulo, India and Dubai.
Being one of the key roles in the Mobile Engineering team, you are deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your challenge will be to apply software craftsmanship as well as to identify and lead larger refactoring and improvement initiatives. Everything you release will reach 70+ millions of Android users, which require strong focus on usability. You will be developing for several devices together with your team, and also drive cross team technical initiatives. Implementation of complex features and design work are also things that you will be highly involved in.
As far as your technical skills, we’d love to hear about experience like:
- Extensive and hands-on experience with Android SDK, development tools, application lifecycle, asynchronous server communication, and UI components
- Advanced knowledge in Java and other languages like C++, C# or Objective-C
- Experience from unit testing frameworks such as Espresso
- Experience of agile development
- Experience with TDD and Continuous Improvement
- Fluent English skills, oral and written.
- This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
- We only accept applications in English.