For our international customer in Stockholm/Sweden,
we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer
to be a part of the platform team!
About the company
Our customer is a leading search technology company that is transforming your phonebook to make it more intelligent and useful. They create a unique app for over 200 million users, and handle a database with over 2.2 billion phone numbers. Each second they handle over 12,000 user requests and support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and BlackBerry. The users have rewarded our customer’s hard work with 4.5+ stars in both Google Play and in App Store.
Our client is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world, and last year they received over $80 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, they are 85 employees in an agile organization where they focus more on the product and users than on processes and policies. Every team member voices their opinion, and ideas and are part of building and shaping company’s vision and culture.
The work location of this position is Stockholm. Besides Sweden, our client has offices in San Fransisco, Sao Paulo, India and Dubai.
You will work as a member of our Analytics team enabling truecaller to make data driven decisions. Your misson would be to as a infrastructure engineer take ownership of the systems health on the big data cluster and data warehousing solutions used by the data scientists and data analysts in the team.
As far as your technical skills, we’d love to hear about experience like:
- Deploy and maintain Hadoop infrastructure software components at production environments. Having a natural curiosity in the latest developments in Hadoop ecosystem
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, monitoring, deployment and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with other teams in order to comply with the best practices of data pipelines inside the infrastructure
- Knowledge about data warehousing systems and data modelling from the operational perspective
- Willing to dig into the performance metrics and fine tune the systems for better utilization of resources both hardware and working processes (computing power, memory, network bandwidth) as well as time (for the developers and data scientists/analysts working on the system)
- Have a very good grasp of reliability guarantees and failure modes of the software stack and being able to build redundancy and fault-tolerance around them if/when needed
- Deep knowledge of Linux system administration and strong belief in the merits of automation around repeatable processes with the help of configuration management tools
- Personifies service. Hates to deliver late or with bad quality. Understands early on potential risks for delay and good at communicating the effects.
It´s a bonus if you also
- Have some experience with user management, security on Hadoop (e.g. LDAP)
- Understanding of the pros and cons of various analytics databases and experience of setting up/running those environments
- This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
- We only accept applications in English.