For our international customer in Stockholm/Sweden,
we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer
to be one of the key members in the SW Development team!
As far as your technical skills, they’d love to hear about experience like:
- 5+ years working experience with Linux/Unix systems
- Hands-on experience managing the operations with large scale data store setups (Cassandra, MySql, etc.)
- Good understanding of distributed systems, load balancers, microservices architecture, decoupled message passing
- Practical knowledge and experience to isolate the problem when in troubleshooting mode in a large scale, distributed environment like ours
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack etc.)
- In depth knowledge about how JVM works (garbage collection fine-tuning and troubleshooting when necessary)
- Experience building infrastructure support tools, packaging, containerization
- Experience in managing network and security aspects of our data center setups
- Paranoid and proactive about monitoring and automation
- Great communication skills
- Team player caring about continuous improvement, pragmatic approach when it comes to problem solving
- Good understanding of KISS and YAGNI principles
- Fluent English skills, oral and written
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your challenge is to manage our customer’s production environment serving more than 250 million users, oil the machinery and remove friction through automation and tools. You will handle the infrastructure support for all the development teams, working side by side very closely and take active role in their development and deployment cycles. You will also drive the tooling and knowledge transfer around infrastructure deployment, monitoring systems and development pipelines.
Your challenge will also be to educate and advocate for automation improvements. It’s important that you like to work in a team and that you see collaboration and knowledge sharing as a necessity and a privilege.
You embrace the notion of continuous delivery/deployment and understand that modern systems administration is all about automating tasks rather than performing them.
- This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden
- They only accept applications in English.
About the company:
Our customer is a leading search technology company that is transforming your phonebook to make it more intelligent and useful. They create a unique app for over 200 million users, and handle a database with over 2 billion phone numbers. Each second they handle over 12,000 user requests and support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and BlackBerry. The users have rewarded our customer’s hard work with 4+ stars in both Google Play and in App Store.
Our client is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world, and last year they received over $80 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, they are 85 employees in an agile organization where they focus more on the product and users than on processes and policies. Every team member voices their opinion, and ideas and are part of building and shaping company’s vision and culture.
The work location of this position is Stockholm. Besides Sweden, our client has offices in San Fransisco, Sao Paulo, India and Dubai.